Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Not So Splendid Table

Ms. Kasper

I have never been into food, other than to keep alive.  I have 5 recipes that I rotate through the week. On certain Saturdays however, I do hear “The Splendid Table” on NPR.  The show’s host is one Lynne Rossetto Kasper. Not being a foodie, I cannot attest to her expertise.  It seems like the microphone is so close to her mouth that I can hear her salivate as she talks about the food.  A few weeks ago, Ms. Kasper got into a discussion with a caller who said that he recently picked up some beef cheeks.  My lunch quickly began to move up into the back of my mouth.  To hear these two go on about the mysteries and joys of braised cow cheeks was nothing short of disgusting.  I am not anti-meat eating for me, but this discussion was in terrible bad taste- if you will pardon the pun.  I hope I never have to hear Ms. Kasper go on about food in this way again.  Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment