Monday, October 5, 2009

Social Networking sites

I have regularly used one of the social networking sites.  Lately, however, my interest has fallen off mostly because people I know use it to post stuff about their heartbreak and their alcohol consumption.  Not a good time for me.  Of course, it likely is a function of who are on my friends list, but I had hoped it would give me more- although I am not sure what I expected.  I do have one friend who writes clever and witty notes.  I enjoy her stuff immensely.  When we worked together once, we had people convinced that she had worked for Cirque du Soleil as the hula hoop woman.  We claimed that she could keep 20 hoops spinning at once.  We were very convincing. 

One thing that social networking sites is to focus attention on yourself.  So good for the "me" generation. 

The good news is that on one site I found a high school buddy that I have not seen in several decades!  That's exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment