Thursday, March 18, 2010

Passengers- dead on arrival

“Passengers” is a fantasy starring Ann Hathaway and Patrick Wilson. I have never thought that Hathaway is much of an actress, but Wilson has a sort of disaffected quality that I like. Maybe it’s that he seems like a big kid- in a pleasant way. This is a story about a psychologist who is called in to treat the survivors of a plane crash and the movie has a surprise ending. Hathaway’s character does things that are so inappropriate and gives the profession a bad rap. She sleeps with a client (Wilson), she continually offers psychological interpretations and diagnoses when not asked, and she violates confidentiality repeatedly. It’s certainly not a great movie, but I didn’t see the ending coming. Maybe my brain hadn’t kicked in since I was numb from it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment